Fall East Coast Road Trip 2023
East Coast Road Trip From New York City to Vermont with Hi Love
Business or pleasure, ride with us along Fall’s East Coast as we adventured city streets & eats, historical landmarks & parks, shopped big and small, and drove through the mountains of lush forested fall foliage to conquer business. And, we found some pleasure along the way too.
New York City, NY
New York City was a first stop and is a magnificent place to visit any time of year, but fall is especially magical…business or pleasure. Temperatures are cool, Central Park's leaves are just starting to change, streets are still bustling with outdoor vendors and Broadway is alive and glowing. Despite the torrential downpours, we found our way to Zitomer and more.
New York Hotel:
• Thompson Central Park - The proximity to Central Park is a stone's throw away and they have the best guest slippers around!
Where to Shop in NYC:
• Zitomer - A one-of-a-kind pharmacy and beyond!
• 5th Avenue - From Bergdorfs to Aritzia…there are price points for everyone.
• Metropolitan Museum of Art Gift Shop - Some of the most unique gifts you will ever find are in Museum Gift Shops.
Must See in NYC:
• Central Park
• Lion King on Broadway
• The MET Museum
• Time Square
• Grand Central Station
Best Restaurants NYC:
• Roberts @ the Museum of Contemporary Art
• Quality Bistro
• The Plaza for champagne or tea
• Liberty Bagels
• Erin McKenna’s Bakery
Stamford, New Canaan and Westport are charming cities located on the Connecticut coast. We did business at the Secret Sellers Market in Stamford and a “drive-by” in the other cities but we were still able to enjoy a little shopping, delicious cuisine, and meet new friends along the way.
• The Lloyd - A Boutique hotel in the center of town with delightful restaurants right around the corner.
Things to Do in Connecticut:
• Visit Island Cove Park which runs along the Long Island Sound
• Walk downtown to great restaurants and local shops
• Westport’s downtown has quaint shopping with a few off the beaten path favorites.
• Seek out Eleven11 and Coco and Company.
• Grace Farms Tour - A 501(c)(3) foundation with a mission to bring together people across sectors to explore nature, arts, justice, community, and faith.
Best Restaurants in Stamford,CT:
• Çka Ka Qëllu
• Modern Love Coffee
Fall in love with Boston’s charm for business or pleasure as the city transforms into a breathtaking autumn wonderland. With its iconic foliage and a rich history waiting to be explored, there’s no better time to visit Beantown, business or pleasure, than during this picturesque season.
Hotel in Boston:
• The Boxer - Built in the 1800s, this boutique hotel is located in Boston's historic Bulfinch Triangle and has loaner bikes if you dare to cycle and explore.
Things to Do in Boston:
• Go shopping on the upscale Newbury Street, in Beacon Hill Sara Campbell is a lovely store or jaunt over to Slate in the Charlestown neighborhood.
• Visit the Boston Common and Public Garden. These two parks are beautiful in the fall, with their colorful leaves and winding paths.
• Take a walk or bike ride along the Charles River. The views of the city are stunning, and it's a great way to get some exercise.
• See a show at the Boston Symphony Orchestra. The BSO is one of the best orchestras in the world, and they perform a variety of classical and contemporary music.
Awesome Restaurant in Boston:
Embrace the beauty of Vermont’s fall foliage by venturing on a “good excuse for business” road trip to its many charming towns. Nestled amidst the rolling hills and valleys, Manchester has unique boutique shopping and cozy fireside dining. As you head north to Burlington through the Green Mountains enjoy the winding roads and lush forests and at destination, the beautiful Lake Champlain that comes alive along the beautiful mountainous harbor. Our personal favorite, Stowe mesmerized with displays of reds, oranges, and golds for the quintessential New England Fall Foliage experience. And, If you’re an outdoor enthusiast looking for scenic hikes, or a cozy-inn aficionado in search of the perfect fireside retreat, Stowe delivers unforgettable autumn adventures.
Fun fact: Stowe is the birthplace of alpine skiing!
Where to Stay in Manchester, VT:
• Kimpton Taconic Hotel - a beautiful boutique hotel close to downtown Manchester.
Fun Things to Do in Manchester, VT:
• Go shopping in Manchester Center, Coco Goose is a personal favorite.
• Go apple picking at Billings Farm & Museum.
• Hike the Long Trail.
Great Restaurants in Manchester:
• The Silver Fork
• Mystic Restaurant & Bar
Burlington & Stowe, VT
Best Hotel in Stowe, VT:
• Edson Hill - A charming and picturesque retreat. Nestled in a serene wooded setting, it offers a cozy and upscale escape with photo opportunities at every turn. It has comfortable accommodations, fine dining, and outdoor activities, making it an ideal destination for those seeking a tranquil getaway or special final stop on their business journey.
Things to Do in Stowe & Burlington:
• Shop on bustling Main Street with mountain views all around. Two favorites are The Country Store on Main and Green Envy
• Take a ride on the Stowe Mountain Gondola and enjoy the stunning views of the fall foliage.
• Hike or bike the Stowe Recreation Path.
• Take a Maple Sugar Tour (best during Sugaring Season late March to early April) dine and even stay at The Trapp Family Lodge.
• Go apple picking at one of the many orchards in the area.
• Take and taste at the Lake Champlain Chocolates factory tour.
Great Food in Stowe:
• Edson Hill Restaurant
• Black Cap Coffee & Bakery
We met vibrant new cities and enjoyed scenic country drives; discovered hidden gems and forged new partnership but not without a little shopping and sleep to energize. Whether business or pleasure we recommend this East Coast Road trip to invigorate and inspire the soul. We promise to come back someday and hope you will follow. Cheers to lighter and love filled travel days ahead.